The Sultanate of Oman, with a total area of 309,500 square kms, covers various topographies like mountain ranges, dry deserts and fertile plains. It is located in the heart of three other Arab countries. In the south-west, it shares borders with the Republic of Yemen, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the west, and United Arab Emirates to the north.
The Omani people are very friendly and loving. Arabic is the main language of Oman however, English is spoken frequently. Omanis are quite conservative people and have respect for their privacy and their religion. During the holy month of Ramadhan, all Muslims fast during the hours of daylight. Visitors to the country should remember that eating, drinking and smoking is not allowed in public at this time.
The climate in Muscat is quite pleasant during the winter with temperatures of average 30o C during day and dropping to around 18o C at night. However, during summer, Muscat is scorching at 45o C - 48o C.
International restaurants are found all over Oman, from fast-food outlets to fusion cooking. Prices range and a three course meal can be found to suit any budget.
Muscat Airport is 20kms away from Gulf College. There are car rental agencies at the airport and taxis and buses are available.
WATCH VIDEO ABOUT OMAN
Gulf College welcomes student applications from all backgrounds.
Students seeking admission to the undergraduate programmes are subject to fulfilment of the following minimum entry requirements:
- must have a pass in the General Education Diploma of Sultanate of Oman or equivalent as permitted under the regulations of Ministry of Higher Education, Sultanate of Oman;
- other entry qualifications set by the Ministry of Higher Education, Sultanate of Oman and agreed by Cardiff Metropolitan University/Staffordshire University; and
- proficiency in written and spoken English equivalent to IELTS 5.0 or successful completion of General Foundation Programme of GC (for entry to Level 3) and IELTS 6.0 (for entry to Level 4)
HOW TO APPLY
Are you looking for a UK degree programme and later earn a UK certificate in the Sultanate of Oman without going abroad with a great education and friendly environment? Then, we welcome you all to Gulf College!
If you are an international student interested in applying for a degree programme at Gulf College, you can do the following:
- International applicants who wish to join the college whether for a Bachelor’s degree programme should meet all the requirements set by the College and regulations implemented by the Sultanate of Oman.
- You must submit all of the following items to the College’s Admission and Registration Office:
- Completed Application Form.
- Original Secondary School Certificate or equivalent attested by the Ministry of Education – Sultanate of Oman.
- Two (2) photocopies of National ID Card or Passport.
- Eight (8) recent passport-sized photos.
- Evidence of Proficiency in written and spoken English through either IELTS with an average score of 6.0 or above overall components or TOEFL score of 550 (if available).
- Copy of certificate(s) of any additional educational qualifications.
- International applicants who do not have IELTS 6.0 or equivalent shall sit the Oxford Placement Test (OPT) level test and / or be interviewed before his / her admission to the programme.
HOW TO APPLY
Anyone entering Oman must comply with the Oman immigration rules. Students from certain countries have to apply for a visa before they leave their home country. Visa applications will be processed by the Centre for Admin and Finance only when the student has submitted all the necessary documents to the Centre for Admissions and Registration, paid the appropriate fees and registered in the College.
Requirements for visa application
- Letter of acceptance from the Centre for Admissions and Registration
- Recent Passport size photo (8 nos.)
- Passport copy
- Medical report
- Visa deposit of RO300
For further information contact the Centre for Admin and Finance staff.
Gulf College International Students' Ambassador Club
Gulf College International Students' Ambassador Club is a new College initiative proposed by the Centre for Career Guidance and Alumni Affairs and Gulf College international undergraduate students.
Ambassadors are students who are currently studying at Gulf College and who have chosen to represent the college in the world. GC international ambassadors help other students with practical tips about life in Oman and studies at Gulf College. They take part in activities organised by the College, and share their emotions, hopes, dreams and experiences through the club’s facebook page .They share ideas, participate in different events, and appreciate each other’s cultures. So far, 17 international students have joined the club, making it a multi-variegated group of people coming from different corners of the world.
The main aim of the group is to offer a reliable platform to support potential future Gulf College‘s students by answering their practical questions and clearing up their doubts.
Names of International Ambassadors:
- Ms. Anushka Sharma (Indian) - BA (Hons.) Travel and Tourism Management
- Ms. Lasitha Yashwani (Sri Lankan) - BA (Hons.) Business Management
- Ms. Rabia Anjum (Pakistani) - BA (Hons.) Travel and Tourism Management
- Mr. Jawad Nabih Mohammad Al Raiy (Jordanian) - B.Sc. (Hons.) Computer Science
- Ms. Hissa Khamis R Y Al Sheraim (Qatari) - BA (Hons.) Business Management
- Mr. Hussam Eldin Mohammed Al-Fouly (Egyptian) - B.Sc. (Hons.) Mobile Computing
- Mr. Ahmed Tariq (Sudanese) - B.Sc. (Hons.) Information System
- Mr. Junaid Zulfiqar (American) - BA (Hons.) Business Management
- Mr. Mamoun Mohammed Khir Serri (Syrian) - BA (Hons.) Business Management
- Mr. Nather Sabeeh Kalash Al Mohammedawi (Iraqi) - BA (Hons.) Computer Science
- Mr.Bader Abdulaziz Taha Ghazwan (Bruneian) - BA (Hons.) Marketing Management
- Mr. Hussein Fadlalah Dahir Charif (Lebanese) - BA (Hons.) Business Management
- Mr. Mohammed Salum Sleyum Al Rasihd (Tanzanian) - BA (Hons.) Accounting
- Ms. Hawraa Abdullah Mohammad Abdulwahab (Kuwaiti) - BA (Hons.) Business Economics
- Mr. AbdulRahman Abdulla Mohamed (Emirati) - BA (Hons.) Business Management
- Mr. Ramzi Badr Elddine Houache (Moroccan) - BA (Hons.) Marketing management
- Mr. Mohammed Rashid MA Al Khater (Qatari) - BA (Hons.) Accounting
Our international students ambassadors are always available for answering your queries:
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org