The Board of Trustees was created and accredited by the ministry of Higher Education in August, 2016. The Board of trustees’ main responsibility centres around its being an advisory council which provides observations, recommendations and guidance for the strategic direction and policies of the college. The board is made up of members who represent the shareholders, the ministry of Higher Education, the industry sector, the private sector and the government sector. The board holds regular meetings twice a year. The agenda as well the documents of the meeting should be delivered, at the latest, two weeks prior to the date of the meetings. It is also possible for the chairman of the Board of Trustees to call for an extraordinary meeting based on a written request made by three of the board’s members. In this case, the board’s members should be informed of this meeting no later than two weeks before the scheduled date of the extraordinary meeting.
The structure of the Board of Trustees
- H.H. Al-Sayyid Mohammed Thuwaini Al-Said, Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- Dr. Rima Mansour Al-Zidjali, Dean, Gulf College
- Mr. Zouhair Taqi Al-Abdwani, Member/representing the Founders
- Mr. Sultan Issa Al-Bulushi, Member/representing the Founders
- Dr. Rashid Khalfan Al-Abri, Member representing the Academic Faculty from Higher Education Institutes - SQU
- Ms. Halima Salah Al-Badawi, Asst. Director General for Academic Affairs in the Directorate General of Applied Aid College – Representative from the Ministry of Higher Education
- Mr. Suleiman Hamad Al-Harthy, Member with expertise – Bank Muscat
- Dr. Suleiman Mohammed Al-Bulushi, Dean College of Education, SQU
- Dr. Ahmed Mohammed Al-Hinai, Advisor to the Minister, Ministry of Education
The prerogatives of the Board of Trustees
- The making of general policies which can raise the reputation of the institution and enable it to fulfil its mission to the fullest.
- Proposing the annual budget of the institution and presenting it to the board of directors
- Nominating the head of the institution, his deputy, the deans and the heads of the centres for scientific research.
- Recommending the setting up of colleges or departments or the scientific and research centres or merging or cancelling them and presenting it to the ministry for accreditation
- Investigating the recommendations and suggestions made by the academic institution board and making the necessary decisions about them.
- Approval of the tuition fees after being agreed upon by the ministry.
- Approval of the policies and conditions of students’ admission
- Admission of gifts, subsidies, donations and grants after getting the agreement of the ministry.
- Approval of the final accounts of the institution and presenting it to the board of directors/the owners for accreditation.
- Approval of the internal regulations of the institution.